Today the topic for T5W is Favourite First Sentences. This is a really great topic and I think it is my favourite out of this month’s topics.
I am pretty sure that all of these will be from my favourite books…we’ll just have to see 🙂
If you want to join the T5W group then check it out on Goodreads.
1. ”All children, except one, grow up.” – ”Peter Pan” by J.M.Barrie
2. “A small fact: You are going to die….does this worry you?” – ”The Book Thief” by Markus Zusak
3. “When I was little, my dad used to tell me, “Will, you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can’t pick your friend’s nose.”” – ”Will Grayson, Will Grayson” by John Green
4. ”Look, I didn’t want to be a half-blood.” – ”The Lightning Thief” by Rick Riordan
5. ”I still remember the day my father took me to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books for the first time.” – ”The Shadow of the Wind”by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
These are my top 5 favourite first sentences. Have you read any of these books? What are your favourite first sentences? Let me know in the comments 🙂