Well colour me surprised, is Gerta doing a tag?
I haven’t done a post like this in ages. I saw the tag on Youtube and Thrice Read and felt like I should give The First Date Book Tag a go. It seemed like a really fun tag with really good questions/points.
1. The awkward first date – a book where something felt off. It wasn’t a bad book, but lacked that spark for you.
A book that I read not too long ago called Hot Toddy felt a bit weird to me. It wasn’t necessarily a bad book, I read it quite fast and did enjoy some of it. But there were a few things that just weren’t that nice.
2. The cheap first date – book that turned out less than you expected.
Night Owls was a book that I was hoping would totally blow my socks off. I had heard so many amazing things and everyone was always recommending it. So I read it and….not at all what it was promised to be.
3. Well-prepared first date – better than expected.
I’ll Meet You There was such an amazing surprise. I gave this book 5 stars on Goodreads and stayed up all night to finish reading it.
4. Hot but dumb – pretty book, not so hot on the inside.
Chasing Spring is such a gorgeous book, but I didn’t like it at all. It was a really big disappointment, especially since a lot of people on Goodreads have given this really great reviews.
5. Blind date – book you picked up not knowing anything about it.
I read Never Let Me Go last year and didn’t know a lot about it, just that a movie had been made based on it. It was a really great, haunting story and the movie was surprisingly well done.
6. Speed dating – book you read super fast.
Between the Notes is one of the many contemporaries I have managed to read in one sitting. I really loved this book. It was so cute and well-written and also looks absolutely beautiful.
7. The rebound – a book you read too soon after a book hangover and it kind of ruined the book for you.
I don’t even know. I’ll go for a book I am currently having trouble with because of the reading slump I am in: Wayfarer. I decided to read the ending to the duology and am now having a lot of trouble with it, I have been reading for like three days now and have managed to get 80 pages in.
8. Overly enthusiastic date – a book that felt like it was trying too hard.
I think Red Queen is the book I’ll go for. I read it and did not like it at all. I tried to read the second book as well, but it became a DNF. It was just too much and yet too little in a way I can’t explain. I didn’t like it. It really tried to be the newest YA hit, and sure it actually was, but it was too much. I don’t know if it makes sense.
9. The perfect first date – book that did everything right for you.
Well, can’t really write this without mentioning my favourite book at least once, right? The Shadow of the Wind in every sense of the word, was perfect. It did everything right for me and then some.
10. Humiliating first date – book you’re embarrassed to admit you liked/ embarrassed to see reading in public for whatever reason.
The Deal probably. It was good, but it was such a guilty pleasure read.
What are your answers to the tag? Leave a link if you’ve done this already and if not then link me and I’ll get to read it 😀